We are looking for a PhD scientist to join an established team tasked with the screening, characterization and understanding of the function of Alphabody drug candidates for various therapeutic applications, with a focus on oncology, immuno-oncology and autoimmunity. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the development and application of cellular and molecular biology assays and implementation of discovery strategies to identify promising lead compounds.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• To plan, design and supervise/execute molecular and cellular biology assays to assess the mechanism of action of Alphabodies
• To identify and establish new techniques in the laboratory
• To critically analyze and interpret experimental data, and relate them to published literature
• To design data systems and record and document data accurately in these systems
• To contribute to scientific discussions and translate project goals in design and optimization of experimental procedures
• To summarize data in written reports and presentations
- PhD degree in Biology, Immunology or corresponding fields, Knowledge and excellent technical skills in cellular and molecular biology assays, Experience in immuno-oncology is a must, Experience in working with in vivo mice models is a plus, Ability to work independently, Excellent time management skills and flexibility to adapt to changes in project priorities, Goal oriented, Excellent communication skills, oral as well as written., High level of proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not essential., A true team player
We offer a fulltime permanent contract, competitive salary package and benefits (pension, meal vouchers and health insurance).